Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Toddler Intuition

This is a question I've wondered about since having a child. I know it isn't unique to Kyle, but it just amazes me.
Kyle generally wakes up in the morning between 7:00a.m....7:30a.m. at the latest. Although, Wednesday and Friday mornings when he needs to wake up on time to eat breakfast and get dressed for preschool he decides he could sleep till noon. I really hate to wake him up, but in a situation like this I have no choice. He isn't upset when I wake him, but I've always gone by the phrase..."Never wake a sleeping baby."...or toddler in this case.
This happens during naptime as well. If we have plans or somewhere to go after naptime he would take a marathon nap. If we have nowhere to be after nap, he will take a shorter nap.
How does he know? He must have a sixth sense...who knows what the explanation is. Babies and toddlers can be such a mystery...it would be nice if they came with an instruction manual.
That's part of his job...to keep Mommy on her toes!!
Since he did wake up early enough this afternoon and we had a few hours before Daddy was to arrive home, we headed to get Kyle's haircut. He always does look so adorable and grown up when his hair is freshly cut. Of course, I have to add a picture of his new "do".

In other news...About a year and half ago I finally convinced John we needed a cleaning service. I have been with the same company the entire time, but wasn't ever 100% satisfied with their cleaning. It was always just OK, but not anything exceptional. A couple of weeks ago, the company opened a franchise closer to our neighborhood and they are FANTASTIC!! This is the second cleaning from this team and our house is ssssooo clean I don't want to walk in it or even live in it for that matter. Such a great feeling!! I actually feel like we are getting our money's worth!!

I assume you have had enough rambling from me for one day so I will sign off for now. I'm sure I'll be back tomorrow !! Bye for now.

1 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

Kyle looks adorable with his new haircut! I am glad your cleaning service is doing a great job. One of the first things on my agenda when I start working is to hire a cleaning service.

Enjoy your week!