Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer, Parks, and Airplanes!

One thing I love about St. Louis is the fact there are so many parks. They are really nice, well maintained and always have a playground for the kiddos.
This past weekend we came across the best park to let Kyle run and play. We stopped to check it out and it was great...shaded with a perfect play area for Kyle. As we were out and about this morning, we were close by and I decided to stop and let Kyle burn off some energy. The park is really small, pretty, and relaxing. It was good to let Kyle play outside since the forecast is calling for rain, rain, and more rain tomorrow. The setting has many great photo opportunities, but the majority of pictures of Kyle these days are action shots. I have my fingers crossed that one day he actually will look and smile at the camera instead of running in the other direction. LOL! The park isn't too close to home, but we will definitley be headed back throughout the summer months. It is worth driving a little for the fact it is stress free and I can actually enjoy myself as well!
This last picture (below) Kyle is pointing and looking at a plane in the sky. He gets so excited when he hears or sees a plane (or helicopter) and fortunately for him we see quite a few at our house. We don't live close to the main STL airport, but do live fairly close to a smaller airport west of the city so we probably see planes from both airports. Whenever I see a plane I always stop and think about where the plane is going and wish I was on a plane headed somewhere fun!
We haven't braved taking Kyle on an airplane ride yet, but we should and I'm sure he would be fine and have a blast. Maybe a short, non stop flight to New Orleans may be a good choice for our first time. I have never wanted to fly with Kyle because of the baby/toddler gear we need while on vacation. Since Kyle is getting a little older it may be a little easier since we may not have to pack as much.
If you have flown with a baby or toddler is it as difficult as it seems? I know people do this everyday and I'm probably making a mountain out of a mole hill. I should stop talking about it and just do it!!
It's a plane!

I hope everyone is having a great week and is looking forward to the weekend! Don't forget Father's Day is Sunday!

1 comments:

Sophie's Story by Elaine said...

My first flight with Sophie was when she was 11 months old and I have probably flown with her about a dozen more times since then (with the latest trip just last week). It really isn't as difficult as it seems and you need less than you think. I have been lucky though because Sophie does amazingly well on a plane. As long as I give her lots of attention, she is pretty content.

See you tomorrow.

Elaine