Thursday, June 19, 2008

Fun In The Sun

This morning we ventured out to the pool. We met a friend at a local aquatic center for Tot Time. Quite a few centers around town have a specific time for the younger children to enjoy the water. It took Kyle a few minutes to warm up to things, but once he did, he had a blast! He really enjoyed walking and splashing in the pool. They also have a spray park playground which is really cute, but Kyle much preferred being in the water.
Last summer Kyle and I went to a tot time, but this year is much more enjoyable. It's so fun to revisit different activities each year to watch Kyle enjoy himself since he has a little more freedom and I'm not constantly on top of him. This is contributed to a few things...Kyle is older, more confident, which in turn makes Mommy more relaxed. I'm still not one of the moms that can sit on the side of the pool relaxing, reading a book, but at least I don't feel like I have to hold Kyle's hand the entire time. Each year things get easier and easier. Don't get me wrong, we definitely still have our daily challenges, but in general it's easier. I'm enjoying Kyle's toddler years much more than I did the infant/baby stage. Kyle's first
year was so stressful...anything is more enjoyable. For all you mommies out there...do you prefer the infant/baby stage better or the toddler stage?
I attempted to take some pictures, but being near the water doesn't lend itself to such a great photo shoot, but I was able to get a couple of pictures.

1 comments:

Preppy Lizard said...

So fun! I need to get the pool. This weather has been amazing!