Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Presidential Inauguration

Tuesday, January 20, 2009 marked a truly historical day in The United States of America. President Barack Obama was inaugurated as the 44th President of The United States. Barack Obama is also the first African American to be elected to the Presidency.

No matter how you voted in the election, everyone should be very hopeful for the future of our country. Since this blog will be for Kyle to read in the future, I wanted to document this event since I'm sure Kyle will be studying about this in a future history class. Unfortunately, we weren't able to view the events on television since we were traveling, but we did have the opportunity to listen to the coverage on the radio.

2 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

I refused to watch tv yesterday, the media covered way too much of this story, ha.

Lindsey said...

The media coverage did seem a bit over the top! I figure I need to embrace the change and move forward!