Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back In The Swing

It's time to get back into the swing of our normal routine since Kyle had eighteen days off from preschool and John had seventeen days off from work. Wow, that sure was a long time, but it certainly did go by very fast. We enjoyed the holidays and spending each and everyday together as a family.

Kyle had plenty of good times...moving into his new room (pics to come in the near future), a visit with Ce Ce and Poppy (my parents), a visit from Santa, and plenty of playtime. As enjoyable as the holidays are it is nice to get back to our everyday life in our tiny part of the world. We are slowly regaining control of our house and putting the Christmas decorations away. Kyle seemed very happy to go to school this morning and had a great day which I was very happy about since he was gone from school for so long.

Our normal routine won't last for very long since we are leaving next week for a road trip to New Orleans for my high school reunion. It was scheduled several months ago, but cancelled due to a hurricane. We are looking forward to our stay in The Big Easy. I really want Kyle to have the opportunity to learn about New Orleans since it will always be my home away from home.

1 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

Oh my, NOLA during Mardi Gras season. HOW FUN!! Eat a big shrimp po-boy for me (I miss that the most!)