Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ice Skating???

The lake located in our neighborhood was one large sheet of ice the past couple of days. Yesterday, I took a walk to the area to take a picture of the neighborhood "ice skating rink". The many ducks which call this lake "home" had to find temporary housing while the water was frozen. The temperatures are warming up today so the ice will be melted and the ducks can move back in.

I am not a very good ice skater...I'm very clumsy and fall quite a bit. There was an ice skating rink close by our house when I was growing up so I would have fun attempting to ice skate. In St. Louis, their is a nice oudoor ice skating rink in Forest Park called Steinberg Ice Rink. John and I have been once and would love to go back at some point in the future. We haven't attempted to take Kyle ice skating yet, but believe it or not he did ice skate at preschool during his physical therapy session. How, you might ask...shaving cream with no shoes on. The same day he roller skated as well. I would have enjoyed having the opportunity to watch those moves!

Neighborhood Lake covered with ice.
Temporary housing for the ducks.

0 comments: