Saturday, January 17, 2009

New Orleans French Quarter

Last night Poppie came over to our hotel and spent some quality time with Kyle while John and I went on a "date". John and I went to the French Quarter for dinner and we ate at The Gumbo Shop, one of John's favorites in New Orleans. We had a delicious dinner which consisted of...seafood gumbo, barbeque shrimp, crawfish etoufee (my entree), and a combination dinner with jambaylaya, shrimp creole, and crawfish etoufee (John's entree). The food was fabulous! The food is one thing I miss so much since moving from New Orleans. It was such a special treat to have some "true" New Orleans style food.

After dinner we walked around the French Quarter and headed to Pat O'Briens and also to the Cat's Meow, an extremely fun karoke bar, for a cocktail. We had such a nice, relaxing, "quiet" evening out on the town. Thanks so much to Poppie (my Dad) for watching Kyle!

John and I in the courtyard at Pat O's

0 comments: