Friday, January 30, 2009

Mom Of The Day?

Yesterday on Facebook I listed 25 things about myself. One of the items I listed was..."I strive everyday to be a good mother to Kyle". I jinxed myself by making this statement...soon after things went downhill. On my way to pick Kyle up from preschool I was a few minutes early and decided to drive around, instead of sitting in my car outside of his school. After driving for a short time, I realized I may be late and was driving a little too fast. Next thing I knew, I was sitting in a gas station parking lot talking to a police officer. Yes, I was pulled over for speeding! I explained I was on my way to pick my son up from preschool and I was scheduled to be there NOW. The officer went back to his car for what seemed like an eternity, he came back and only gave me a warning, which I was very thankful for, but I was still LATE! I finally made it to school. I pull up to the pickup area and there is poor Kyle and his teacher waiting for me. I felt terrible and so incredibly guilty and simply apologized for my tardiness. The last thing I wanted to do was explain to his teacher why I was so late.

My next "Mommy moment" occurred yesterday evening. We went as a family on a quick outing. Before we left I put Kyle's stroller in the car and we headed on our way. After arriving to our destination, I took the stroller out of the car, John puts Kyle in the stroller and we realize something is seriously wrong with the stroller. John realized one of the wheels fell off and of course it wasn't in the car...it was at home in the garage. It was the perfect ending to my "Mom of the Day" award.

Obviously, yesterday I wasn't worthy of wearing the ribbon shown above. There are some days I just can't get it together and yesterday was certainly one of those days. I'm hoping today will be much better and I may be worthy to wear the ribbon. We shall see...it's still early in the day!

Do you have these kind of days? Hopefully I'm not the only one! Here's to a wonderful day...it is Friday after all!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I've just found your blog and its lovely :)

I hope you see the funny side to your day...as often we can afterwards, right? lol

When you forget you have a new baby and head back to the car, load up the shopping and get to the exit THEN realise the baby is NOT with you.....I think thats when you really loose the mummy of the day award!

Yep, I done that 12 years ago to my 4 week old daughter!! LOL

Debsx