Sunday, November 30, 2008

Let It Snow

Today, we had our first snowfall of the winter season. Granted, it only slightly covered the ground and didn't require any work on our part...ie..shoveling the driveway, but it was still snow! Not enough for Kyle to play in, but it was really pretty while it was coming down.

We did venture out in the "blizzard" to buy Kyle a snowsuit and snow boots. John was totally convinced he could use the same suit and boots from last year. I really didn't think it was possible, but I just wanted to humor him. We tried on his suit from last year and I really wish I had taken a picture of Kyle. It was truely a funny sight...the snowsuit was so small and the pants were so short. We didn't bother trying on his shoes knowing they were two sizes too small. It is amazing how expensive snow suits are given the fact he will only wear it a handful of times! Now that Kyle is totally prepared for the first true "blizzard" of the season....bring on the snow!

3 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

How does a Louisiana gal adjust to snow!? :))

Lindsey said...

The snow and freezing cold temperatures were the hardest adjustments to make when I moved from Louisiana. I actually do enjoy the first couple of snowfalls and then it gets really old. It's fun to watch Kyle each year enjoy the snow so it makes it more enjoyable for me! I also do a lot of hibernating indoors when it's really cold! :)

Jennifer said...

Lindsey,
The snow was great!
I was so glad that we were in town for some of it. Believe it or not, we had flurries here in Alabama yesterday too. How are you? Sorry that it has taken me so long to catch back up! Things have been nuts! Try any new Homemade Gourmet lately?