Monday, November 10, 2008

Recess Guidelines

Recently we received a notice from Kyle's preschool outlining the recess guidelines during the winter months. For some reason, I was a bit shocked when I read the guidelines. Kyle loves to be outside so this won't phase him, plus he will be bundled up with a heavy coat, hat, and mittens. At least he will get some fresh air these four mornings per week since I probably won't be taking him outside to play. Being from the south, I am not a huge fan of the STL winters and tend to hibernate indoors.
  • 32-90 degrees - Go outside for normal time of 20 minutes.
  • 20-32 degrees - Go outside for 10 minutes.
  • Below 20 degrees - Stay inside.

If your children are in school...do they have guidelines for going out in the cold temperatures? If so, what are they?

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lindsey,
So glad to hear that Kyle will still enjoy being outside. A lot of schools go out as long as it is not snowing. But, I think that where I used to teach went out unless it was 25 or under. Stay warm!