Thursday, February 12, 2009

Friendship Day

Kyle's preschool class celebrated Friendship Day today. Apparently, some schools are now calling the holiday "Friendship Day" instead of Valentine's Day because of the religious meaning. Kyle had the option to hand out Friendship cards to fellow classmates. Kyle brought the cards below to his friends...the front of the card says "Happy Friendship Day" with fun, colorful sticker letters and the inside of the card says "Thanks for being my friend..Your friend, Kyle." I also added a few school themed stickers inside the card as well. I hope the other children like the cards...they are only ages 3-5 so probably not, but I did want Kyle to participate.

The February theme for Kyle's class is "pizza". Many activities have focused around pizza...books they are reading and pizza server for pretend play. To help celebrate Friendship Day they also had a pizza party at school today. Each parent was asked to provide an ingredient...we were signed up to bring English Muffins (used as the crust). Each child was able to make their very own pizza. I'm sure it was a lot of fun for the children!

Kyle's teacher does make the class a lot of fun, yet educational for the children's development. We really like his teacher and we are hoping he will continue in her class for the next two years until he enters kindergarten.

Kyle also made John and me a Valentine's Day card.
I love how the sign for "I Love You" is incorporated in the card.
*I apologize for the quality of the picutures.

0 comments: