Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Cell Phone At Age Three

Should a three year old have their very own cell phone? Well, I would hope not...at least one that is active. One of Kyle's favorite "toys" is one of our old cell phones. It amazes me how much Kyle watches and learns from John and me (we need to start minding our P's & Q's...LOL) because when he is "talking" on the phone he does the same body gestures, hand movements, etc. that we do while we talk on the phone. Kyle is carrying on a real conversation, pauses as if someone is talking on the other end, then begins his side of the conversation. The pictures below really don't do the activity much justice...a video would have been better, but I'm terrible about recording Kyle on the camcorder.

My question above really got me thinking if any parents actually allow their toddler to have a cell phone?

1 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

too cute, my littles ones love to play on their cell phones too!