Saturday, July 12, 2008

One Down

One to Go!!!
A child's first year if filled with so many milestones, but as a child gets older they are fewer and farther between. I consider potty training and transitioning from a crib, two huge milestones for a toddler.
A couple of months ago, I thought "The Time Has Come". I was ready (emotionally ready) for this transition, but John wasn't completely there yet so we waited. Since we are all "ready" we removed the front portion (never to be used again) of Kyle's crib on Monday and put up the crib rail. We were anticipating a few nights of Kyle climbing in and out of bed, but he has done awesome. He crawled out of bed only once in the morning when it was time to start his day. We put a gate up in his doorway so he isn't tempted to tour the house in the middle of the night. This has been much easier than I anticipated...just hope I'm not jinxing the situation by saying this. We need to begin thinking about redecorating Kyle's room since his current stars and moon theme is a little too "baby" for him now. This may be a long process because we are debating about switching Kyle to a larger bedroom, which would require painting, ceiling fan installation and other projects unknown at this time.
Now, if the potty training could only be this easy. We have introduced the potty to Kyle, but haven't started the official process. I'm thinking he will be 3 - 3 1/2 when these fun times begin.

1 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

Do you know my little girl transitioned to a twin bed at only 15 months old!? (I need the crib for the new baby--my son.) My son is now 16 months old and I tell you he will stay in that crib forever--ha!