Friday, July 4, 2008

Day Two - The Great Wolf Lodge

Happy 4th of July, once again! As I'm typing this post, I'm sitting on our patio watching a beautiful fireworks display. Can you hear me saying...Ooohhh!!!! Aaahhhh?!?
We had another great day here at The Great Wolf Lodge. Typically, John and I aren't big breakfast eaters, but on vacation it is a must! We started the day eating breakfast at one of the restaurants in the lodge. Strange thing is, breakfast seems to be Kyle's favorite meal of the day!
Since, we spent our time at the indoor waterpark yesterday, we decided to spend the morning at the outdoor water facility. It was a beautiful day in Kansas City...actually at times it was a little chilly. The pool was awesome with a very shallow area which was perfect for Kyle. He loved floating around in his water boat and this gave John and me an opportunity to relax in the water as well. This was true, until the pool police told us that his boat was an unapproved flotation device and he had to wear a flotation vest.
This afternoon, we went to explore an outdoor mall located just down the road from the lodge. We did a little bit of shopping and we all scored a little something. We stopped and ate dinner at a restaurant called The Yard House....really good food and atmosphere. After dinner, we came back to the room so John and Kyle could prepare once again to head to the waterpark. I chose to relax and read a book by the pool. About an hour later, I was jealous, so I had to join in the fun. We spent another couple of hours in the pools, slides, etc. Fun, Fun, Fun!!
Believe it or not, Kyle managed all of these activities with no nap. He really did well, but is out like a light tonight to rest up for tomorrow's adventures.
I didn't take many pictures today, but not to worry, I do have a few to share!
Kyle was decked out in his patriotic attire for the day!
Having fun in his boat until we were busted by the pool police!
Now, this is the life!!!

0 comments: