Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Moving Along

Yesterday was Kyle's parent-teacher conference at his preschool. John and I planned to attend the meeting together and I arranged for a friend to watch Kyle. With my cough and Kyle's cough still lingering I felt it best that I not attend the meeting, so John went alone. I was very disappointed to miss the meeting since I was anxious to receive the full details on Kyle's progress at school. The meeting included Kyle's teacher and his three therapists. The conference is restricted to a twenty minute time frame so quite a bit of information is covered in a short period of time. I did send John to the meeting armed with a list of questions and we also received a copy of the progress notes in full detail.

Kyle has an education plan in place with detailed goals to hopefully be achieved by the end of the school year. The goals are in many different areas of development...from classroom discipline, school routine, interaction with other children, fine motor skills, speech/language skills, and physical therapy. Kyle is making progress toward his annual goals in all areas of his education plan. All the staff involved had a very encouraging report about Kyle's development. Although, progress still needs to be made, we are so pleased that he continues to move in the right direction. I'm just happy that he still enjoys school and always has such a big smile when I drop him off each day, which at this age is very important!

0 comments: