Sunday, March 15, 2009

Early Celebration

Saturday night, John took me out for an early birthday celebration date night. Since it was my birthday, I had the upper hand in making all the decisions about where to eat dinner and our after dinner entertainment. For dinner we went to Napoli 2, a newer Italian restaurant in STL. We were very pleased with the restaurant...service, decor, and most important: the food! We started with a shrimp appetizer topped with a spicy tomato sauce...delicious! For our main entrees, John ordered the Lamb Chops, which is totally off the board for him, but he thoroughly enjoyed his dinner. I ordered the Veal Parmigiana which was very tasty. I find myself ordering veal out since we don't eat veal at home very often. To top off our delicious dinner we split a tiramisu desert. I'm not sure I have ever met a tiramisu desert that I didn't enjoy...LOL! This was a wonderful way to begin celebrating my birthday. We would recommend the restaurant to anyone in the STL who is an Italian food lover!

Next on our stop for our evening "entertainment" was Barnes and Noble bookstore. I use the word "entertainment" very loosely for this activity, but we love to read books so it was a nice treat to stroll through the bookstore without having to worry about Kyle getting antsy or bored.

After our tour of the bookstore, we went to see He's Just Not That Into You. I've been wanting to see this movie since it was released. We (yes, John too) enjoyed the movie very much....great cast of actors! Have you seen this movie and did you like it? Have you read the book? I haven't read the book and I'm unsure if I will since I have already watched the movie. I LOVE my husband since he doesn't mind watching "chick flicks" with me....these days that's hard to find in a husband/boyfriend! Once you have children, it's hard to find the time to go to the movie theatre, so for date night a movie is always at the top of my list. My only issue with movie theaters these days is the movie times. I really wish there was a showing between 7:00p.m. (too early) and 10:00p.m. (too late).

Since it was after midnight when the movie ended, we headed home...way to late to be staying out these days...LOL! On our way home, the local county police department was conducting a sobriety checkpoint. Thankfully, we opted to see a movie instead of going out for drinks. Each car was stopped...John was asked where he was that evening, asked for his license, and insurance card. Of course, we were fine, but this was a first for both of us. I was unsure if we should inform our babysitter about this checkpoint since she would be driving by the area. I really wanted to let her know, but John thought it was best that we not mention it...so we didn't. Of course, I wasn't worried that she had been drinking, but I would have been scared driving alone after midnight and pulling up to a sobriety checkpoint. Do you feel we should have told the babysitter?

I hope everyone in the blog world enjoyed the weekend!

Also, don't forget to enter our Blogoversary Giveaway!

0 comments: