Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Gingerbread Party

A couple of weeks ago, on Kyle's last day of preschool, before the Christmas break, his class had a Gingerbread Party. The parents were invited to attend so I joined in the fun. The classroom was divided in several different sections, each with it's own gingerbread theme. First stop, was the area to make a gingerbread house with stickers, second on the tour was gingerbread stamps, third was to decorate a gingerbread cookie, which he later ate at snack time. There was also a station where Kyle received a temporary tatoo on his arm...he chose a lollipop. It was a fun, creative, and cute way to end the year at preschool and begin the holiday festivities!

Although, it was a nice event, Kyle got very fussy and upset when I was in the classroom and was very clingy to me and only wanted to be held. Unfortunately, it didn't come as a huge surprise since this behavior occured several weeks ago at another school function I attended. It is a little overwhelming and stressful for me, but I want to be as active with his school activities as possible. Maybe, I need to wait until he is a little older and can completely communicate what causes this particualar reaction. All the teachers can't figure out what the issue is because they say he is very happy when he is at school. Just another mystery I will need to solve about Kyle in the future!

0 comments: