Monday, October 13, 2008

Preschool Update

Well, Kyle has been attending his new preschool for five days now. As I mentioned in an earlier post the first day we walked him to his classroom. This is the procedure he is accustomed to since I always walked him into his old school. The first day was fine...no crying, tears, etc. Well, on his second day ( Tuesday) that all changed. Kyle has had tears each day since, starting when I get him out of the car and continues until he arrives to the classroom. The teacher has said it is getting better each and everyday. One possible reason for the tears could be that I don't walk him inside. Unfortunately, he isn't able to tell me what the issue is...I can only guess! I know he will adjust as the days and weeks continue.
John and I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall and witness Kyle in action for just one morning. This week Kyle is the helper at recess time, meaning he helps pick up the cones on the playground. Next week is our parent/teacher conference so we will get all the details at that time. In the meantime, I just hope for no more tears. As a mom, it makes it that much harder to leave him.
If anyone would like to leave Kyle any words of encouragement I will pass them along to him! Thank you!

0 comments: