Friday, August 1, 2008

Very Thankful

I try to keep this blog very upbeat and cheery, but today's post will be a little different. I will be back this weekend to share with you our fun family adventures.
The past few days I've been reading a few really sad, heart-breaking stories on the internet. Reading these stories certainly makes me very thankful for what I have. Life hasn't always been easy and I sometimes throw a "pity-party" for myself, but I really want to express how blessed I really feel. Often times, I take the "good" things for granted and spend my time focusing on the hard times...this is just human nature.
I have an awesome husband, who works very hard to provide his family with a wonderful life. Kyle and I couldn't ask for anyone better!! Kyle is such a little miracle. Granted, he had a very rough start, but he has overcome so many obstacles since his birth. Being born a micro-preemie at just 1 lb. 10 oz. and 12 inches long and spending the first 86 days of his life in the hospital, he has proven to be a strong, determined, little fighter. He has shown us that he can make it through anything...from his respiratory/breathing issues, infection, laser eye surgery due to ROP, to his therapy service, wearing a helmet due to plagiocephaly, and his many many doctors appointments . I am so thankful that Kyle is such a healthy and happy little toddler. I read stories often about micro-preemies who are faced with such challenging medical issues. Kyle's main challenge from being born a preemie is his developmental delays. We have and continue to work with many wonderful therapists at home and at preschool who assist Kyle with his developmental goals. I'm thankful that we have the programs in the state of MO., as well as St. Louis to assist children and parents with these needs. I have no doubt that Kyle will continue to progress and will have no remaining signs of his prematurity in the years to come. I love my Little Munchkin so very much!! I'm so very proud of all his prior accomplishments and look forward to celebrating his future accomplishments!! I think when I get "down in the dumps" for any reason I will need to come back and re-read this post to set my mind straight.
Hope everyone has a great weekend and please take a moment to reflect on the things in your life that you are thankful for, which make you happy!

0 comments: