Thursday, August 21, 2008

Mother Nature

Unfortunately, we can't compete with Mother Nature. It seems she had other plans for our family vacation. This morning, we decided to postpone our trip to the beach. It wouldn't be much fun to head to a beach destination when it is forecasted to rain, rain, rain. We will now leave next Thursday and head to New Orleans first for my reunion and then head to Orange Beach the following week. Hopefully, by then Fay will be a distant memory and nothing new will be brewing.
I spent the morning rearranging our schedule. The postive outcome is that Kyle's preschool evaluations will be complete by the time we leave next week. This is a huge weight off my shoulders. I'm sure Chloe is excited that her stay at the kennel has been put off for another week. Now, we have a free weekend. Looks like some fun family adventures will be in our near future.
Even my toes were all set and ready for vacation. I have never gotten a design painted on my toes, but thought it would be fun to do for a trip to the beach. I guess they will need to be repainted because I don't want to have the design on my toes for my reunion. Maybe next time!

0 comments: