Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Munchkin Time

I know I've said it before, but I need to say it again...Kyle is just on his own little time frame with his developement, mainly his speech. He still is making great strides in the right direction. It's exciting to witness his progress, but sometimes I feel myself getting a little impatient. I realize their isn't much I can do, but to encourage him to speak, work with him, and provide him with all the services available to him, all of which I am doing. All the therapists that work with him, all six of them, are so impressed and proud of him, which in turn does make me feel proud of My Little Munchkin.
One cool thing he is learning is sign language. He knows many signs including...more, all done, cookie, open, book, fish, sleep, milk, and apple. I'm sure I am forgetting a few. He is learning the signs from mommy and daddy, his therapists, and the Signing Times DVD's. These are fun interactive videos with really upbeat music that Kyle enjoys dancing too. Believe me, I would much prefer to hear him speak the words, but I'm just so proud of what he does learn. He is really imitating a lot more as well, including sounds, actions, and a few words.
Speaking of dancing, Kyle loves to dance. Anytime he hears music, he starts moving. It's so adorable to watch. His favorite song to dance to is the Bob The Builder theme song. At times, I will turn on Bob the Builder just so we can dance. It's really fun!! I really want to record his dancing and post a little video on my blog for all to see.
It's beginning to hit me that we will soon be officially transitioning from The First Steps program and into the school district. I'm sure once we are back from vacation all the evalutions and testing will get underway. I'm nervous, but also very excited. I only hope he will transition to his new preschool setting the way he did to his current school. I'm sure he will because Kyle has a very "go with the flow" personality and attitude.
Enough rambling for one post. Hope everyone is enjoying their week!

0 comments: