Friday, May 15, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Guest Room

A couple of weeks ago a fellow blogger, Kelly, started a weekly series called "Show Us Where You Live Friday". Unfortunately, this is my first week participating. The first week was showcasing kitchens and the second week was the living room. The past several weeks we have been having our kitchen remodeled and the main floor of our house has been in disarray so needless to say I wasn't able to take pictures to post.

This week the room tour is guest rooms and I'm so excited I have the opportunity to participate. Our guest room is usually the cleanest, neatest room in the entire house. We don't have many guests stay at our house so it isn't used very often.

The majority of the furniture in the room is antique mahogany family pieces from my late grandmother...a four poster bed, night stand, chifferobe, table, mirror, rocker, and clock. Much of the decor in the room is New Orleans inspired. Being born and raised in New Orleans I wanted to bring some of my true "home" to my current home in St. Louis.

The first four pictures are taken from each of the four corners of the room.
New Orleans French Quarter picture displayed above the bed.
Anitique Chifferobe This piece is beautiful and is half drawers/half hanging storage. Fleur De Lis potpourri containers A New Orleans Street Car door stop cross stiched by my grandmother.
If you would like to view photos of many other guest rooms please visit Kelly's blog. Thanks for stopping by to view my guest room. See you next week when I will be giving everyone a tour of my dining room.

Have a wonderful weekend.

6 comments:

Kate in Austin said...

I had to stop by when I saw Spence. My maiden name was Spence and I just love it. I lived in St. Louis in 94-95 but returned home to TX after that. I loved STL. Your furniture is very nice! Have a good weekend.

Yellow Beads said...

very nice! We gave up the guest room when the second child was born (we have a 3/2 home)

Oxford Impressions said...

Love your furniture in the guest room. Also enjoyed see your Bichon on your sidebar. I also have a Bichon whose name is Riley. In my opinion, they are the sweetest of all dogs!

Melissa Miller said...

Your guest room is beautiful! :)

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

What a beautiful room! I love your attention to detail.

Mrs. Nurse Boy

lagirl said...

I'm a Louisiana girl so I loved (of course) all the items which reflected our fair state. Very nice!