Friday, May 1, 2009

Day Two - Journey to Our New Kitchen

Here we are at Day Two of the Journey to Our New Kitchen. The goal of the day was to remove the old tile floor in the kitchen and laundry room. The contractors had an extremely tough time removing the floor, but were successful. They even laid the majority of the backer board in preparation for the installation of the new floor on Monday.

Thankfully, the contractors connected our washer and dryer back up.
Now, I can get caught up on all of our laundry this weekend since Monday, Tuesday, and
possibly Wednesday we may be without the appliances.
The next several pictures were taken to give the perspective on our nice, new decorative touches throughout the main floor of our house. Refrigerator in the family room.
Kitchen blinds and curtains have a new home in our family room. Actually, we are using the same curtains, so I plan to wash them over the weekend.
Our make-shift eating area in our living room.
Our kitchen belongings packed in boxes which are sitting in the dining room.

What a nice view as you enter our house? NOT!
Needless to say, until everything is fully complete the only people allowed in our house is me, John, Kyle, Chloe, and the contractors. The next kitchen update will be on Monday since no work will be accomplished on Saturday and Sunday.
I'm a bit disappointed since a fellow blogger, Kelly, is hosting a kitchen tour today. I would love to be able to participate, but seriously doubt anyone wants to see my "non kitchen". However, I am excited to view everyone's kitchens. Who knows, maybe I will get a couple of decorating ideas for when my new kitchen is complete.

0 comments: