Friday, May 22, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Dining Room

This week on Kelly's Show Us Where You Live Friday tour the feature room is the Dining Room. The dining room is the first room people see as they enter our home. We don't use the room very often so it is usually very neat, clean, and organized. I love the furniture in our dining room and several of the pieces have family and senitmental value.

The dining room table and the chairs are beautiful, unique antique mahogony pieces which belonged to my late grandmother. Within the past six years we have had the table and chairs refinished, but it didn't take away from the original beauty. The china cabinet and china certainly are special since they belonged to my sister who passed away several years ago. Because of the sentimental value of the china, my husband and I chose to use this china instead of picking our own pattern when we got married. The wine cabinet, side board, and display table were purchased once we moved into the house. I love the open feeling of the room, as well as the bay window, which provides plenty of natural light.

I hope everyone enjoyed the tour of my dining room. To view other dining rooms please visit Kelly's blog. I will certainly be back next Friday to take everyone on a tour of Kyle's room.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Memorial Day weekend!

View of the dining room from the entry foyer The dining room enters into the kitchen
Bay window which opens to the front of our home Wine cabinet which took us a very long time to locate China cabinet with the china and crystal displayed

4 comments:

Amy said...

I really love your dark furniture. You have a beautiful dining room!

Anonymous said...

Find all kinds of Dining Room Furniture India at theurbandecor.com.Some of the best designs you will find online.

Anonymous said...

I liked it, you can find more Dining Room Furnishings from Casamodern.

Unknown said...

Nice Blog!! We have a wide range of Dining Room Furniture which helps you to reset your dining room.