Friday, September 12, 2008

My Dad's Vacation

As I mentioned my parents and aunt evacuated the New Orleans area a couple of weeks ago due to Hurricane Gustav. They decided to make the trip to Gatlinburg so they could visit with us...actually, I mean visit with Kyle!
We arrived in Gatlinburg on Saturday and they arrived on Sunday. We spent the afternoon driving through The Smoky Mountain National Park where we have no cell phone coverage. While in the park I received a voice mail. I knew it was my parents, but thought they were just letting us know they arrived. About an hour later I checked the voice mail and it was a message from my Mother saying to call back because it was important. After finally getting in touch with her, she let me know my Dad was feeling light headed, dizzy, and had passed out on the floor of the htoel room. She wanted us to pick them up and take him to the Emergency Room about twenty minutes away.
We arrived at the hospital and my Dad was brought in for examination fairly quickly. John, my Mother, and aunt all stayed at the hospital until 4am. John took Kyle and me back to our condo around 10pm so I could put Kyle to bed.
My Dad underwent many tests including an EKG and a stress test. It was determined that he needed to undergo surgery for a pacemaker. Everything went smoothly and he was released from the hospital on Wednesday. For a few days he was able to enjoy his stay in Gatlinburg. He is feeling great and my family made it back to the New Orleans area this past Sunday with very few issues.
Since arriving home, he has followed up with his local doctors and is still feeling well. I'm sure he will continue to do well...my Dad is in really great health. He says it's because he drinks plenty of water!! If my Dad happens to read this post maybe he will leave a comment about how he is doing.
Please remember to keep all the Texas residents in Hurricane Ike's path in your thoughts. This looks like a very dangerous hurricane.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Where my Dad spent his vacation!
We even got a smile out of him in the ER.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, thanks for my blog about
my "vacation" in Gatlinburg and
about all the fun I had. I am feeling great and will be on the
bike trail soon. Dad

Preppy Lizard said...

Oh my...well I am glad he is doing well.

Jennifer said...

Lindsey,
I am so glad to hear that your dad is recovering. What a trip!

Yellow Beads said...

OH MY, that's crazy, but I am glad they figured out the problem, and I hope he continues to heal!

Lindsey said...

Thanks for all the well wishes for my Dad. He continues to feel well!