Monday, September 8, 2008

Grocery Shopping

Yes, another random post.
Do you ever feel like you need to explain purchases you make at the grocery store to the cashier? I do. Sometimes I don't mind explaining certain things, but others (especially purchases for Kyle) I do mind. For instance last night, I went grocery shopping and bought several jars of vegetable baby food for Kyle. The person who checked me out always asks about Kyle and how old he is. Last night she asked me how old he was as she was scanning the baby food. I felt compelled to explain that he is almost three and yes I still feed him baby food from time to time to make sure he eats vegetables. Why do I feel the need to explain? I'm not sure, but I still do.
The funny thing is I try and avoid this particular cashier. When Kyle was a baby and people we didn't know would ask how old he was I would tell them his adjusted age (his due date - Jan. '06) instead of his actual age (Oct. '05) to avoid explaining the fact he was a preemie. John always gave his actual age so this caused a few issues. This cashier at the grocery store was told one age by me and another age by John. We always tried to avoid going to her line to avoid being asked how old Kyle was and neither of us knowing what to say. Is that sad we didn't know how old our son was? We laugh about it now, but at the time it was actually stressful. Now that Kyle is older we don't use his adjusted age so it makes things a bit easier. At least in that department.

0 comments: