Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Can Laundry Be Fun?

When asked, I'm sure the majority of people would certainly say "No, laundry isn't fun"! Typically, I would agree with the majority, however at this time I would say doing laundry IS fun! I'm sure you are on the edge of your seat wondering why I feel this way. This week we purchased a new washing machine and dryer. Our old set was eighteen years old, so it was time! It's probably a bad sign when John asked if the tornado sirens were sounding and the noise was actually our washing machine...LOL!

I have been drooling over the new style front loading washing machines and was convinced that would be what we would purchase. Much to my surprise, we didn't and decided to get the top loading machine. They are high efficiency machines and require a certain type of laundry detergent labeled "HE". They are also so much larger than our old ones, you would think we had a family of ten. Granted, on a daily basis we probably don't need anything this large, but it will certainly be nice to have...especially when I want to wash a king size comforter. There are many settings and controls to learn about, although my favorite feature is the touch control, instead of the dial. For now, I'm enjoying doing laundry, but I'm sure once the newness wears off it will become much less exciting!

Goodbye for now...I'm off to wash, dry and fold!

0 comments: