Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Epicondylitis

I'm sure you are wondering what epicondylitis means... in simple terms it is tennis elbow. About two weeks ago my right arm began to hurt, but I didn't think much about it, thinking I pulled a muscle and the pain would magically disappear within a day or two. Unfortunately, my magic wand wasn't working properly since the pain progressively got worse and not better. Two days ago, I was in tears from the pain, I gave in and scheduled an appointment with the doctor. After waiting and waiting in the office I was finally given the diagnosis of epicondylitis or tennis elbow. The good news is that it isn't very serious and will eventually go away, but it possibly may be be quite sometime...not such good news. In the meantime, the doctor would like me to "rest" my right arm when I am able, use the left arm when possible and not to lift/carry Kyle. Thankfully, since Kyle is almost four I am not required to lift or carry him very often. The doctor believes this is what caused the epicondylitis. If the pain persists in the future I have the option to receive a cortisone shot to relieve the pain. We will see what the future holds, but I am relieved to have an answer, even though I still have to live with the pain.

0 comments: