Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Little Assistant

As I've mentioned in previous posts, Kyle is quite the little helper. He definitely enjoys assisting and is very proud of himself since we praise him for his accomplishments. This summer he has been such a "huge" help in keeping my many flowers alive and happy...the hose became his new outside play toy. Granted, he didn't always water just the flowers, he still did a wonderful job. He hasn't been a fan of the pool, sprinklers, etc. this summer, but this water activity sure kept him occupied.

Working hard to get the hose in position.

He is actually getting water on the flowers :)

All done...time to put the hose away.

As with all babies and toddlers, Kyle is a little sponge these days. He is soaking up everything there is to learn about his surroundings and his environment...he is a very curious and adventurous little guy. His speech is progressing so I'm hoping we are in the process of another little break through. He imitates many words we say and that he hears...you never know what word will come out of his mouth.

I'm shocked that today is already September 1st. I have no idea what happened to our summer..it disappeared before my very eyes. Thankfully, we moved back into our school routine without any issues. Kyle seems to enjoy school and he is always excited when I drop him off each morning. He walks into school with a huge smile, tells me bye, and waves without any hesitation. I need to come to the realization that my one and only baby is growing up before my very eyes...it is very bittersweet!


Until next time, take care.

1 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

It must be the age...my Mimi wants to help all the time...I have to remember to be patient!!